CHILDREN'S CHORALE AUDITION INFORMATION
Due to the need for social distancing at this time, the 2020 auditions for the Susquehanna Children's Chorale
will not be held in person. Interested participants are invited to submit
an audition video in addition to a completed online audition form.
The deadline for submitting videos and forms has been extended to June 20.
Video Audition Instructions
Please read the following instructions carefully! Click here for a printable copy.
1. Please have your child listen and sing along with the practice recordings for “My Country ‘Tis of Thee”, “Happy Birthday” and “Are You Sleeping”. Click the links below to download the recordings from Google Drive.
If you need a copy of the sheet music for My Country 'Tis of Thee, you can download it by clicking HERE.
2. When they feel comfortable that they know the songs and are ready to audition, click the links below to download the audition accompaniment tracks from Google Drive.
Video Record your child stating their full name, and singing “My Country Tis of Thee” and “Are You Sleeping” with the recorded accompaniments.
IMPORTANT! “Happy Birthday” should be sung without accompaniment. It is important that your child begins on the starting pitch (middle C) that is given in the recording marked Happy Birthday, starting pitch.
3. Click the link below to download the recording called Vocal Range and Audiation. Note: Your child does not need to practice with this prior to adding this to the video of the audition. Please video record your child as they follow the directions on the Vocal Range and Audiation recording.
4. Finally, please video record your child as they answer this question. “Why do you want to be a member of the Susquehanna Children’s Chorale?
IMPORTANT! Before you submit your video recorded audition please make sure that it includes everything on this checklist in this order:
1. Your child stating their full name
2. “My Country 'Tis of Thee” sung with the recorded accompaniment.
3. “Happy Birthday” sung without piano accompaniment. Please use the starting pitch track.
4. “Are You Sleeping” sung with the accompaniment track.
5. Vocal Range and Audiation following directions on the Vocal Range and Audiation track.
6. Your child’s answer to the question “Why do you want to be a member of the Susquehanna Children’s Chorale.
When your video audition is complete, upload it to YouTube, marking it as unlisted (click here for instructions), or to a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.), and email the link to the YouTube video or shared file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your child's name.
Please use the highest quality recording equipment available to you. For best results, place your recording device on a stationary object, such as a tripod or table. Please do not tape a close-up; have your entire body (from head to toe) in the frame. Prior to recording, test that you are in focus and well-lit, and that your video is free from distracting background noise.
For more information, call or e-mail the Susquehanna Chorale
at 717.533.7859 or email@example.com.
Thank You! I look forward to hearing your child’s audition!
2020 Concert Dates: Scholarship Concert - Sunday, Oct. 11, and Youth Choral Festival - Sunday Nov. 22
Rehearsals: Tuesday evenings from late August to November in Camp Hill.
Scholarships are available to offset tuition costs.